Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Ideas


Owen and I are heading to our first little Easter party this morning, so my mind is on this upcoming holiday! On Easter Sunday we are heading to Sonoma to visit my Dad and stepmom, where we'll undoubtably enjoy some fantastic food and an egg hunt in their lovely garden. Saturday though I plan on doing a little brunch and egg hunt at our own house. So there is much to be done!

First off....need to decorate Owen's Easter basket. I bought a plain wicker basket from Michaels and the plan is just to tie a big ribbon around it and add some books, a toy or two and a few treats. But just check out Martha Stewart and of course she has some good ideas too! Both a bit girly for my little guy...but I could adapt them...

Lots of little bows

Flowers around the rim of the basket - all it would require is a few fabric flowers and a little hot glue

Next up, have to dye some eggs. I'll confess, I'll probably just pick up one of those Paas egg decorating kits to do the colors. Easy and fast. Also love these glitter eggs from Martha Stewart, I think it would be fun to have a mix of both! They do require me blowing out the eggs though, hmm....I guess we'll see how the week goes! Directions can be found here.


And for the menu? I'm thinking stuffed french toast. Mainly because I was just watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay and the stuffed french toast was the dish chosen for competition. Oh my did they look good. Sadly the recipes aren't up yet on Food Network! Ugh. After a google search though found one here at this blog. Looks delish, right? It's a meal in itself, so thinking just fruit, juice and coffee on the side. YUM!

I'll let you know how it all goes!!

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!

1 comment:

  1. These holidays’ party dresses are stunning. Want to buy a dress for my friend’s party at San Francisco venues. Will look for some online store where can buy them on decent price. Hope to find a reliable store to find an awesome dress.

    ReplyDelete