Sunday, January 24, 2010

A little pity party...but then something to make me smile

Birthday shopping postponed = a little pity party for Elizabeth. So sad! Was all geared up to go and then my husband (aka Owen wrangler for the day) had to travel to Arizona on Saturday. Yes, for the day. He flew in...had a meeting at the airport...and then flew home. See, he was supposed to have the meeting on Thursday. But do you watch the weather channel? Well, if you do, then you don't need me to tell you that the weather in AZ was crazy last week! So his flight was canceled on Thursday morning. Then it was canceled on Thursday afternoon. Luckily he had called ahead! He did go to the airport Thursday evening, flight delayed...flight delayed again...and he gave up and came home. Tried to get a flight on Friday, everything booked. So
yep, that meant he had to go on Saturday. Boohooo for me. So a minor pity party was thrown by me...for me...and I was the only guest. Really it's okay though, I get to go on Friday instead, which is really perfect but it's my actual birthday. The main downside is I have nothing to post this morning, was excited to share all of my shopping finds!

I do have one thing that I just have to share though and that completely made me smile. Recently I worked on a few 'Under the Sea' themed birthday items for a customer, Jen. With starfishes, fish, sailboats and ships, they were colorful and fun. They arrived to their destination last week and Jen posted the most amazing feedback this weekend...here's what she said:

"I absolutely can not say enough about how happy I am with my purchase!! I was afraid that I had unattainably high expectations, so you can imagine how excited I was to not only have my expectations met, but BLOWN AWAY! :) Thank you so much for the beautiful work, packaging, and awesome communication! I can't wait to work with you again!"

Pity party done, over, finished...how can I not be happy when I read those incredibly kind words! MADE MY DAY. So happy she loved her items. Posted below are the invitation (details have been changed) and the small stickers, hope you like them as much as we do! And thank you Jen for your wonderful feedback, so so happy you like your 'Under the Sea' party items!!




No comments:

Post a Comment