Thursday, May 6, 2010

Veggie Garden

Finally! I got some pictures taken of my vegetable garden. It's all in and planted and yesterday I got around to putting some mulch on top. Our garden is located on the side yard...our yard is basically L-shaped with a small grassy area right outside our back door, a pool in the left hand corner and our vegetable garden on the side yard. When we moved in 4 years ago this side yard was grass and weeds, so I'm pretty proud of the work we put in to make it into this lovely garden!


Now grow veggies, grow! Here we have some corn

Peppers

Strawberries
A few zinnias...I love zinnias as easy cut flowers for the house so I always try and plant a few!

Basil - hoping to make lots of pesto! I have two other basil plants going too.

Rosemary, sage and mint - these have survived from last year. They are looking a little scraggly but I'm hoping they make a come back!

We also have watermelon, cantalope, squash, zucchini, beans, peas and cucumber planted. I always have such high hopes for my garden. In the past I've had trouble with white flies, snails and tomato stakes that don't do their job. This year I bought new heavy duty tomato cages, plan on spraying the underside of the leaves with water at dusk to kill the white flies (as recommended by my local nursery)...but what to do about the snails? I'm trying to be organic about this whole thing, but everyone says I must use snail bait. Anyone know of other remedies?

HAPPY THURSDAY!

1 comment:

  1. I received my beautiful Stella and Dot yellow flower ring yesterday. It's even more lovely in person. I can't thank you enough!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete