Monday, August 15, 2011

It's all about being organized...

Life can get a bit crazy sometimes, right? Keeping up with two little ones, taking care of a household and running Pretty Smitten can make for a busy day. But I love it all and wouldn't give up a thing, so of instead of feeling overwhelmed I try for feeling ORGANIZED instead. To my Type-A personality it can make a world of difference.

So when I came across Megan's Home Management Binder on Honey We're Home, I was definitely intrigued! The idea is to create one place to corral all of your important agendas, lists and references for your family.


I think my favorite item she has included in her binder is the Daily Agenda. I love that it lists her "Top 3" for the day, Errands to run and Phone calls/Emails to complete. I'm a big list maker, but a huge list can definitely feel overwhelming. By separating this into daily tasks they might feel more do-able. And isn't it the best feeling when you cross everything off your list?


Other items she chose to include in her binder are listed below. This is great because it gives ideas of what to include, but can totally be tailored to your own family's needs.

All kept together in a simple 3-ring binder. Easy to throw in the front seat on errands too.


Once I saw Megan's binder I decided to see I could find any other examples. And that's when I came across the blog iHeart Organizing. Wow! Need something organized? Seriously, Jen has a solution for everything.


Her binder has some of similar things as Megan's...and a few other ideas as well.


Plus loads of free printables, so be sure to check out the entire post here.

I think both of these binders look fantastic, and great solutions to keeping up with household tasks on a daily basis. I do wonder though, will all of the technology out there...is it possible to something like this on my iPad? I like the idea of keeping everything on my sleek and very light iPad...but as a 'write it down on actual paper' type of person I wonder if I would follow through as much. Thoughts? Does anyone out there have tips, or know of any apps out there that make household organizing easy? Would love to hear from you if so!

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, planner heaven! I'm a lover of planners and have always wanted to make my own... I think I'll try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both girls are amazing. I try to use binders. I think I just have too many little notebooks floating around. I better start getting more organized as the school year begins!

    ReplyDelete