Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bisquits with my baby

Happy Saturday morning everyone! Owen and I decided to make buttermilk bisquits this morning. He loves to cook with me and Saturday morning is always a good time to bake.

We used a recipe from Southern Living. So easy with just three ingredients....self rising flour (4 cups), shortening (1 cup) and buttermilk (1 3/4 cup). I've never actually used shortening before! California raised I guess. But it was quick and easy to make these little bisquits. Owen's favorite part? Cutting them out. He was quite good at it!


And here they are all lined up. We actually only baked three this morning, and the rest are headed into the freezer to be baked for Easter morning tomorrow.


My official taste tester. He approved.


And they got even better with a little blueberry jam and cup of coffee in my favorite mug.


And here's a little bit of real life...
There was flour EVERYWHERE! But we sure had fun, and thankfully Daddy helped with the clean up!


Enjoy your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment