Monday, January 9, 2012

A dream closet

Over the weekend the Mr. and I decided it was time to clean out our closet. I clean it out pretty often, flip through my clothes and decide what to donate or toss...but this time was different. This time we were brutal. I realized there were a bunch of things that I had flipped through 3-4 times thinking...well, maybe....but not anymore! The goodwill mountain grew and grew and we now have a very lean and clean closet. It, however, is not pretty. No pretty shelving or organizers. Just the basics from our original builder. So...of course I had to go searching for some closet inspiration. Where better then Pinterest?

Here's a few I found that caught my eye...

Color coded and very well organized, these people know how to fold clothes!

This one was modeled after Carrie Bradshaw's closet in the SITC movie. Beautiful! Love the bench down the middle. Pretty and practical.

One of my favorites...from Honey We're Home

Here's a cute idea for what to do with all of those nice boutique shopping bags you don't want to throw away...frame them!

And since this post is title 'dream closet'....

Are you on Pinterest yet? It's a time sucker for sure...but a fun one. Follow me here and you can see a few more photos I pulled for my closet inspiration. Or let me know if you need an invite and I'll send you one!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Happy Monday!













4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! My dream closet would be the SATC one :)
    Can you send me an invite for pinterest please?!?!?!
    I tried signing up but it says there's a waiting list.

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy! Thanks so much for reading my blog. Just sent you a Pinterest invite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is my dream to one day turn an extra bedroom into a super girly looking closet :) Oh, and pinterest is so addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dream closet will be Theresa Roemer's one. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete