Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday with Martha...Halloween ideas


Amazingly enough, we are in October already and over here at the Johnson house we are gearing up for our first Halloween with our little guy. Last year at this time I was VERY pregnant so didn't participate too much in the Halloween festivities! Not this year though...Owen has his Halloween costume all ready to go (Dalmation puppy costume from Pottery Barn Kids) and we are starting to put up our fall decorations. So who do I look to for some inspiration? Martha of course! As you can tell from my Halloween invitations, cupcake toppers and favor tags in my shop, I'm not one for too dark and spooky. So here are some of my Martha favorites from her more adorable side ...

For the ever important pumpkins.....

I saw these animal pumpkins in an issue of Martha Stewart Living long ago, and what do you know they are still featured on her website too. Looks to me that it would take a week to create, I have the time for that right??? But I love them! So cute and fun.
click here for directions on how to make the owl pumpkins

click here for directions on how to make the porcupines

click here for directions on how to make the snake



Some cute favor bags...wouldn't they look great with a Pretty Smitten Halloween tag around them? :)
get directions here



get directions here


And for the ever popular candy buffet...check out these labels you can print at home. I love the all black candy theme, but I think orange and black, or orange and brown would look great too!
print labels and see directions here


HAPPY HALLOWEEN DECORATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment