Sunday, October 17, 2010

DIY Flower Pins

I recently discovered the website Jones Design Company and it's fantastic! I'm especially in love with her DIY tutorials and I wanted to share two for flower pins. I MUST try these. I see them everywhere, Etsy, Anthropologie, even Target...how fun would it to be to make some of my own?

First up, a fluffy version made from wool. Full directions can be found here, but below is a quick rundown.


Here's what you need....
Cut out a few petal forms...

Fold and snip...

Attach to the main circle base...

Repeat, repeat, repeat....and voila! So cute right?



And here's one that's a bit more fancy. Requires a needle and thread...and a candle...see told you it was a bit more fancy. Full directions for this one can be found here.

Materia
ls you need...


Cut out a few squares and then round the corners...


Burn the edges...

And you have these!

Layer them up and sew together...

Add a few beads...

And here you go! Another adorable flower that can be attached to a pin, magnet, hair clip...

Or some super cute baby shoes. Yep, have to make these. Lets see I have about two weeks until my little girl arrives. Luckily they don't wear shoes right away :)

Check out Jones Design Company for a lot more great DIY tutorials, giveaways, and some great inspiration for your home. Enjoy and Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment