Monday, April 19, 2010

A trip to the zoo

Hi all! How was your weekend? It was GORGEOUS weather in my neck of the woods and we took advantage of it completely. On Saturday morning we took Owen to the zoo for the first time. We were so excited to see his reaction to the animals! To be honest? Didn't phase him too much. His favorite though was definitely the giraffes. I have a large stuffed giraffe in his bedroom that he loves (he's even included in the bedtime routine)...so I'm sure that's why he loved the giraffes at the zoo the most! Here are some of my favorite snapshots from the day....

Going on a 'nature walk' with Daddy

My two favorite guys

Riding the carousel...this was a HUGE hit. As soon as we saw it we knew we'd be taking a ride. Daddy (just to the right of him in the picture, don't worry the ride hadn't started yet) and Owen went on the ride and I waved every time they went around. It was so much fun.

And there was a train too! Lots of fun.


Me and my little man walking....we brought the stroller but it mainly was used to lug all of our stuff!

We ended the day with lunch...and a great view of the giraffes! Kind of hard to tell in the picture but they were fairly close and easy for Owen to see. That kept him entertained while we ate our packed lunches of good ol' fashioned PB&J....grapes, cheese and crackers :)

It was one of those fun family days I know I'll remember forever! And then on Sunday after an outing to get bagels and play at the park, we planted out vegetable garden. Promise to show you pictures later...I have high hopes for this year!

HAPPY MONDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment