Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pretty Smitten with Elements of Style


I am completely smitten with the blog Elements of Style written by the talented designer, Erin Gates, of Element Interiors. My husband and I are working on updating our dining and living room areas and her blog and website have been a huge source of inspiration!

Her own house (which is on the market now! check it out here) is probably the biggest source of inspiration of all...it's modern and comfortable at the same time. Traditional modern, just what I adore. Check out the pictures below...

Oh my how I would just love to create my
Pretty Smitten designs from an office like hers!



I love the use of black and white in this dining nook. Black and white can look very stark to me sometimes, but she manages to make it look cozy. And love the pop of color from the orange table runner!


Love the sofa and chairs with their clean lines...but I can also see plopping right now on the couch and reading a good book. I also love that she has a big traditional rug.


The entryway...I love a standing mirror and all of those
picture frames make her house a home.


I hope all of you check out her blog and website and enjoy it as much as I do....today I featured her interior design talent, but her blog covers fashion and other topics too! Thanks Erin for all of the inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment